Have you ever felt like people were staring at you and your family when you are at a public place like a restaurant?
This happened to us more often when we went out to a restaurant. As soon as we ordered our meals, the boys started to become restless, go under the tables and run around other people’s chairs & tables.
We were constantly getting up and redirecting them back to our table. We were so embarrassed about our boys behaviour, especially when it kept on happening. It was very difficult to have an enjoyable peaceful family meal. We ended up eating really quickly or we asked for a take-away bag to eat it at home.
There was a time, actually a long period where we just stayed home and never ate out as it was just too stressful for us.
We made this story, not just to help with going out for dinner, but also for many other public places where there’s crowds of people. We read it to the boys a few times and decided to take a chance and go out for dinner!
Feeling cautious and worried that their behaviour will start again, we were amazed at how well they behaved. They stayed in their chairs, and when they started to become restless, we read the story to them at the restaurant while we were waiting for our meals.
It was so lovely having a family meal without the worry and embarrassment that we had previously experienced.
This story Being nice is best will help children with:
- behaviours in different situation.
- understanding emotions, behaviours & self-control.
- strategies for best response.
- reducing anxiety, meltdowns and stress.
- feeling happy and having FUN!
What you get
- One ready-made life skill story book in 2 sizes
- Child size - for little hands to hold (210mm x 148mm)
- Adult size - share the storytelling with the child (210mm x 297mm)
- A Guide: How to use our story books
- Helpful Info: How to keep the child interested!
You can use our stories in creative ways!
- Digital Downloadable PDF & Zip Files
- Access on desktop, tablet & mobile
- Language - English
- Pages - 9
- Printable for individual or group activities
- Posters & handouts of the life skill
- Visual schedules
- Cut & paste activities with storytelling
- Story time on the mat
- Print & use plastic sheet protectors
- Protect with laminating and store in a ring binder
- Print & use protective mini photo album
The products on our website are downloadable digital goods. No physical product will be shipped to you.
*All products purchased on our website are for personal use only. No commercial use permitted.